The Country Houses are a part of the countryside near the small village of Poreta and are also part of Villa della Genga's estate. This prestigious estate, found in Spoleto Poreta, belonged to the heirs of the della Genga family until the 15th century. In 1673 the villa was built in a setting of particular beauty and evocative quiet and became the favorite hunting house of Cardinal Annibale della Genga who became Pope in 1823, taking the name of Leo XII.
These once-agricultural houses have been lovingly restored and converted into luxury homes.
Particular attention has been spent on the materials, to respect the origins of this setting. Also, in order to tastefully blend the architecture with the interiors, the materials and colours were inspired by the enchanting landscape of Spoleto. Even the swimming pool (18 x 8 meters) is run on a natural oxygenation process, without any added chemicals. It is set amidst terraced olive trees and was designed to create an architectural feature that recalls the ancient cattle troughs. Villa della Genga is also specialized in the production of organic olive oils.